IMMUNOTHERAPY AS AN ALTERNITIVE TO CHRONIC SUFFERING
Do you or a loved one suffer from allergies? The Allergy Center at Internal Medicine and Pediatric Associates offers both allergy testing and treatment. Testing and treatment are easy with the help of Nicki Cutinello, Clinical Allergy Specialist, and regular follow-ups with your provider. From start to finish, we guide you through the allergy care process to less allergy symptoms.
What does testing consist of?
The allergy test is NOT painful. A multiple headed percutaneous test device gently pricks or abrades the skin’s surface. After the test is performed, it takes about 15 minutes to develop a reaction. A positive test will appear as a raised, red bump on the skin, similar to a mosquito bite. We test for the top 48 allergens typical to this area such as trees, weeds, grasses, molds, and animal dander. Adults and children as young as five can be tested using this simple, fast, and minimally invasive technique. (See Allergy Skin Testing Example.)
What does treatment consist of?
Allergen immunotherapy (IT) is a form of treatment aimed at decreasing a patient’s sensitivity to substances called allergens. Immunotherapy involves introducing increasing amounts of an allergen to a patient over several months. General patients start seeing symptom relief within the first few months! Allergy shots are given with a small insulin needle. Patients are taught how to give injections at home for their convenience. Unlike OTC medications, immunotherapy is the only disease-modifying treatment that actually treats the allergy rather than “mask” or “cover up” the symptoms—all while saving you money in the long term.
- 95% patients had improved allergic rhinitis scores
- 82% patients reported diminished use of OTC medications
- 88% patients would recommend allergy testing and immunotherapy to friends and family
- 82% feel comfortable administering injections
- After 3-5 years of complete IT treatment, most patients experience little or no allergy symptoms
- NO steroids and been around for nearly 100 years
- All natural serum, no additives